Friday, August 17, 2007

Stuck

I haven't been doing much art this week, because I'm stuck on an image. I know what ultimately I'd like to do, but I haven't yet figured out a way to get there. As discussed in my previous post, Natalia Moroz's technique of combining reduction & multiple plates for colour complexity intrigues me, and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it into this new image. I usually need to have a really good idea of the procedure involved before I can start work. Sometimes, it evolves as I progress, but with something new, I need to do a lot of thinking first. Many artists think on paper; they sketch up what they want to achieve. I do not have that habit developed; I'll usually write in words what I want, maybe with a few sketches. But for some reason I really need to visualize not just the end result image, but the whole process from start to finish.

So bear with me a while longer as I work out the kinks - I'll post the results or the next stages of the process as soon as I can!

No comments: