Monday, May 18, 2009

Blog 10,000!

Thank you, ladies & gentlemen, for the 10,000th visit this week, to this blog!

I'm just back from a weekend camping trip and have a pantload of non-art work to catch up with, but I am going to the opening of the Open Print Exhibition this Thursday, May 21, from 6-8 pm at the Federation Gallery on Granville Island - I shall post about that after; both Mom & I have work accepted, and this is Mom's first second (sorry!) juried show acceptance:

Stable Mates
reduction block print
Daniel Smith water soluble inks
© Betty A. Cavin

Amie Roman as burnishings on FlickrPays d'Hiver
linocut print
Daniel Smith water soluble inks on grey Rising Stonehenge paper
© Amie Roman

Hope to see you at the opening!

5 comments:

Marcy said...

absolutely stunning prints-- congrats to you and your mama! did you learn printmaking from her or she from you?

-m

Justin Miller said...

Congrats on being so popular. It is no wonder why with such beautiful work. I just recently was admiring my impression of Pays d'Hiver. That is one gorgeous little print.

Unknown said...

Thanks Marcy - actually, I was printing first, and Mom was totally "why on earth would anyone want to do reduction, I don't get it!!" until I actually showed her the process, then she was hooked. She's very puzzle- and problem-solving oriented, so reduction really appeals to her, as it does to me.

Justin - thanks very much. I sure like my impression of your Winter Aspen. I am fascinated by the number of printmakers I've run across who also find the inspiration of aspens just too enticing to ignore :)

Anonymous said...

It must be the lure of the "white stripes" in these trees! I have dug out a really old, stained photo of Swedish birches which I want to use for lino.

Unknown said...

I think you're right, moreidlethoughts, there's something very compellingly graphic about their pattern, repetition of shapes & values - thanks for popping in & commenting!