Monday, February 22, 2010

Some Sketches

Wow, have I ever been slack! Nope, practically no time spent in the studio for months. I do have a reason... more on that in a few months :) But I'm also shockingly lazy.

I did get a couple of semi-blind contour / colour sketches done a few weeks ago that I posted on Flickr but forgot to share here.

"Jars - Apple Slices"
(c) 2010 Amie Roman
Pen & ink with watercolour & pencil crayon


"Jars - Carrots"
(c) 2010 Amie Roman
Pen & ink with brush-tip felt pens

The brush-tip felt pens were really fun to use; I'd never really used them other than just "colouring book" sort of colour blocking. This sketch was done treating them more like watercolours - blending the colours while still wet. It was a lot of fun. I will have to do more like that (one of these days!).

4 comments:

Eraethil said...

Lovely lines! These are really fresh sketches, and your glass is very convincing. Hope you are enjoying your time the last little while!

Unknown said...

Thanks R! Had fun with those. Yup, doing well, thanks :) just not very interested/motivated to do anything artsy, and definitely not doing printmaking for a while.

Ellen Shipley said...

Ooh, I like these!

Tracey said...

Love this one. I saw it somewhere else online and was immediately drawn to it. Funny, cause I don't like carrots, but I like yours :)